Going to the Light
A 365-day Photo Journal

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 57: Rock-n-Roll Dreams

click photo for larger version


My daughter's friend Brayden was at our house this evening and any time someone walks thru our front door these days they have to agree to pose for my blog. Brayden was wearing a shirt that says "Bethany Rocks" and I immediately had the idea to make her a rock star. And because this is the night of Bethany's homecoming, it had to be purple.

Camera info: I put an off-camera flash with purple gel on a light stand and put it slightly behind and high above the subject. I took the shot from the floor hoping to get a "front row at a blues club" look. 24-70mm lens at 45mm. 1/200 sec at f/4.5. ISO 100. I used a couple of different smoke brushes in Photoshop to paint in the smoke effect.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

So very cool. Just so long as she wasn't really smoking. :)

Alisa said...

Awesome- I bet she loved it!

Ha ha on the smoking part.

TR Ryan said...

Awesome indeed. If you ever decided to teach a course - sign me up!!

Anonymous said...

Of course she loved it...she's a rock star!!! - Eppie!

Pet portraits said...

I love photography, but I'm certainly nothing more than an amateur with a DSLR. Like many others, I found that after switching from a point and shoot camera, I knew even less than I thought, and all those "extra" settings and feature actually meant something.But here what i get is extremely good...keep it rolling guys.